Effective Meetings Management
Meetings have become the scourge of many companies with a meeting culture preventing many managers from being productive as well as adding to an increasing workload. According to a survey by Management Today managers tend to spend between 35 – 50% of their working week in meetings. Depending on the salaries of those attending some estimates suggest that meetings can cost companies up to £500,000 per year.
However, meetings can be very productive if a few questions are asked in advance and organizers and attendees adhere to a few basic guidelines.
During this Development Module your managers will learn how to:
- decide whether a meeting/attendance is appropriate
- ensure that meetings are effective and productive
- set key, relevant objectives
- plan and prepare a meeting
- acquire key skills to chair meetings
- structure meetings to enable real results
- keep focused and manage the agenda
- facilitate contributions from participants
- handle supportive or disruptive behaviors
- review their presentation skills in meetings
- give and receive open and constructive feedback
- develop a SMART Action Plan for future development